Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We're moving!

The job interview went really well and I was offered the position before I even left to return to the airport to fly home. We are all quite excited for this next step in our lives. I'm ecstatic about the position Electron Microscopy Manager and the research that Case Western Reserve University is doing. The EM lab is newly being set-up so I will getting in at the beginning and working with some amazing people. I the last 5 years the Department of Pharmacology in the College of Medicine has doubled the size of the faculty, from 10 to 20. And 4 of these faculty do EM/cryo-EM research. And 3 of them are newly hired from post-docs, so that means they are my age (and some of them even have families and kids - bonus).

So now we are on to the getting the house ready to sell and packing things to unclutter it. And that means sorting through items and getting ready for a yard sale to purge unused and rarely used items that I'm not going to move (again). At least we have a house to stay in when we first get to Cleveland for 1-2 months, so we can experience first hand the area and then work on finding some more permanent living arrangements.

I'm really going to miss all the great friends I have (and the whole family has) here. This is the first place Joe and I have lived since getting married 6.5 year ago (and 4 moves) where we both have great friends (and great family friends where everyone in the whole family gets along). And I love our ward family, even with all the turn around of the students and grad students. Meghan and her BFF at daycare, Anna, are going to have some rough times ahead. And Jase will greatly miss Cameran (his girlfriend) and Bennett (his best bud), both of whom are at daycare as well.

At least Columbus is in-between the 2 places... there are outlet malls and a Temple...

4 comments:

Maren said...

Hooray for you! I mean, Noooooo! Good job, but I'm very sad...

Well, you know what I mean. :)

The Short Family said...

So exciting! Congrats on the new job!

Charlotte said...

Congratulations! I hope all the moving stuff goes smoothly!

Joellen said...

Wow, that's great! I'm excited for your new job and to hear about how you adjust to Ohio. Also, congrats to Joe for his graduation!