Monday, September 15, 2008

Meghan turns 1!

Meghan's 1st birthday was Friday, September 12. She enjoyed a fun day at daycare and brought fresh fruit to share with her friends. The fruit was a huge hit and it was all eaten (and we brought a lot). When we got home there was a package of birthday goodies from Heather's parents. Meghan got a book,
some smarties (although Jase wanted them all),
a new baby doll,

and some cute clothes. I was surprised how well she actually opened the presents and tore the paper...

Then it was on to her birthday dinner of spaghetti. This is likely her favorite meal, although she loves to eat anything and everything.
Jase also loves spaghetti, and Joe could eat it once a week, so everyone was pleased.

After we ate dinner, Meghan was ready for bed, so we decided to save the cake for Saturday.

Saturday morning we went to Chuck E Cheese's for a little bit and both Meghan and Jase had a blast.
From daddy, mommy, and Jase, Meghan got a baby stroller and a ball pit. Meghan loved her baby stroller for her dolls, although she also thinks that she can ride in it as well.


Meghan gets very upset if Jase takes any of her dolls or her stroller from her, or even if she isn't playing with them.

Meghan hasn't been too into the ball pit, but she is warming up to it. jase on the other hand loves it!

And finally last but not least, she loved her cake and kept reaching for it while we were singing to her.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Happy birthday Meghan! I can't believe it's already been a year!

And I want a ball pit.

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Wow! I can't believe she's a year! I also can't believe she was born on my wedding anniversary - I think 4 other people I know celebrate their birthdays on the 12th - It must be a good day to be born (and married!) Give her a squeeze for me - and I agree with Gigi - I want a ball pit too - now to figure out where to put it.

Charlotte said...

What fun! Happy birthday Meghan!

The Holdaway's said...

The ball pit is nice, but picking up all the balls constantly is NOT nice...