Friday, March 28, 2008

Celebration!

I have been working at Purdue for less than 2 years (just barely - May 8 makes 2 years) and I have been co-authors on 2 publications in big journals. Both of these have come out in the last month and I have done considerable cryo-EM (cryo electron microscopy) work (including sample prep, freezing, and data collection) for these 2 projects.

The first paper came out earlier in the month in Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. The article is Binding of a neutralizing antibody to dengue virus alters the arrangement of surface glycoproteins.

The second paper just came out today in Science. The article is Structure of the Immature Dengue Virus at Low pH Primes Proteolytic Matruration.

I think we will be celebrating sometime this weekend with dinner out!

Now lets hope all the other projects I'm working on go as well as these did...

5 comments:

MarySquare said...

Heather -- wow two pubs! That is fantastic. Congrats! That definitely deserves a dinner out.

Mary

Maren said...

Congrats, Heather! Good for you!

Gigi said...

Way to go Heather!

Charlotte said...

Great job, Heather! Congrats! Now I can brag that I know this great author.... :)

Misty said...

Congrats! Wow, Science and Nature, only Paul would know those are top end journals!!!