About 2 weeks ago Joseph took the kids strawberry picking at Pretty Prairie Farms. When I got home from work I was happy to see 20 pounds of wonderful smelling berries. So I spent the whole evening cleaning berries (with the wonderful help of Mr Jase) and prepping them for jam, pies, eating on top of cereal, and eating with sour cream and brown sugar (it is yummy, so don't knock it until you try it - I also thought it sounded strange until I actually I tried it, now I love it).
Here are the berries before cleaning (note that there was a third tray full of berries not in the picture)

Here is Jase helping to cut the tops off

A close up of Jase's berries

Here are the berries all cleaned and some packaged for pies (after eating lots too)
1 comment:
You're right Heather, strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar are a treat!
Post a Comment