Friday, July 4, 2008

Painting

I want to make the kid's room a little more girl friendly, since everything is sky blue (walls, ceiling, trim). There is a half wall that has striped wallpaper that is pink and blue (next to Meghan's crib). I want to paint the ceiling trim a different color, but I'm not sure what to paint it, the standard white? yellow? green? Any ideas?

Also, my kitchen is blue and currently has dark stained cabinets. I think I want to paint them white to help make the kitchen look larger and brighten up the whole area. Any thoughts for those of you that have seen my kitchen (or haven't)? Has anyone painted cabinets white? Any tips?

1 comment:

Maren said...

I think painting your cabinets white would be a great idea! I would just make sure you don't 'skimp' on the paint. (i.e. get the cheapest) For something that you'll be looking at/using/cleaning often, you'll want the best. It'll be worth the investment.