I made a kale, potato, and sausage soup similar to Olive Garden's Toscana soup. When I was cleaning the kale (I got it from our weekly share at the farmer's market - yum) I noticed a nice bright green caterpillar - like the inch worm ones we found on leaves as kids and played with - well at least I played with them. Anyways, I looked over all the leaves well and then chopped the kale into slices.
Fast forward to dinner time: Jase thinks soup is gross and Meghan already ate, so Joe and I sat down to a nice bowl of soup and some sweet Italian bread that I got on Saturday when I went grocery shopping. We each ate a bowl of soup and Joe went back for a second bowl. A couple bites into the second bowl he pushed something onto the sloped edge of the bowl and asked me what I thought it looked like - I said a caterpillar and started to laugh. I then told him that I had found one when I was cleaning the kale and looked it over well, but I guessed not well enough...
Needless to say Joe stopped eating the soup and I couldn't bring myself to save the rest of the soup (another 2-3 bowls). We're not that hard up for extra protein...
Have you ever had an experience like this? Were you the chef, the "customer", or both?
No comments:
Post a Comment