Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adoption

We have talked about adopting before, but the timing just seemed to never be right. The topic came up again when we were at the county fair a couple of weeks ago (or shall I say it wasn't verbalized until the next day). The Humane Society had several wonderful looking and playful dogs with longing eyes of wanting a family with kids to play with and become a part of. Both Joe and I (unbeknown to each other) were thinking how we would love to add a dog to our family. Jase would love it and has asked for one for about 2 years. Meghan has only been around our friend's dogs, but loves them as well.

Once again the timing just isn't right. With the kids starting daycare, Joe back in school full-time and myself working full-time, we are too busy for walking, bathing, house training, and feeding the lovable four-legged creatures.

But alas, maybe adopting is still in our future.

Can't you just see our family adopting 2 of these great dogs! Check out all the adorable, life-size stuffed dogs here. Then go here if you want to adopt them for your family.

Oh, and if we get picked to adopt these doggies-in-the-window, we will be gifting one to one of our faithful readers (2 kids = 2 dogs) - here's hoping we get picked, so 2 families are blessed!

2 comments:

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Adoption is all about timing... especially when it requires potty training.

I love that these pups don't require daily walks and pooper scoopers.

Misty said...

Obviously we love dogs over here. But I know that it is soooo hard to go from no dog to one, it's much easier to go from 1 to 2. When the time is right, you guys will have no problem! Unless you get a crazy dog who attacks your tv. I can't help with that.