Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Millions of peaches, peaches for free

Well, not for free...
Last week Joe and the munchkins went and got us 1 bushel of peaches from Annie's Orchard. Yum. the 1 bushel of peaches ended up covering more than 4 cookie sheets.
Here are two sheets:

So over the course of 5 days we made: 2 fresh peach pies, one batch of jam, peach cobbler, and 35 cups of frozen peaches (all ready for cobbler, smoothies, and more jam). Here is one pie and the jam (I forgot to get a picture of the cobbler, but it was the best we've had.

5 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Yummy! How much was it a bushel? Maybe I'll have to go out and pick some. I'm craving some right now!!

The Holdaway's said...

They were $16 a half bushel if you pick and $17 a half bushel for the pre-picked. Joe got the pre-picked cause trying to pick with 2 mobile kids = not much fun...

Charlotte said...

Yum! I need to quit checking your blog late at night. Now I'm hungry. lol

kristine N said...

mmm, peaches...

Wow, that all looks and sounds so wonderfully delicious. I think you need to invite me over for dinner. j/k

MarySquare said...

Heather, you are such an example to me of someone who is working full time, but still is able to work on hobbies and do great projects at home. I feel like such a dead-weight when I come home after work. Does it help that Joe has been home during the day -- does he do most of the errands so that you don't have to? I really admire you and want to talk to you more about it later.